Robin Wright in Town & Country June/July 2014: Kevin Spacey and I Always Goof Off on Set 


She's wowed audiences with her amazing role as Claire Underwood on "House of Cards" and now Robin Wright is taking a moment to chat with Town & Country about her outstanding career.
In the June/July 2014 issue of the mag, the 48-year-old actress opened up about goofing off with Kevin Spacey on set and her battle with Molly Ringwald in the eighties.
Check out highlights from Robin's interview below and for more, head over to Town & Country!
On whether she and House of Cards co-star Kevin Spacey goof off on set:
“We do nothing but. We goof off like kids and get into riffs that no one else understands. We’re cracking up to the point where the crew has to wait. I’m sure it’s very annoying.”
On her first time directing (the 10th episode of season two of House of Cards):
“I’ve been in this business almost 30 years, and I’m such a control freak. You’re sitting around knowing how a scene should be blocked or the direction an actor should be given, and biting your tongue. So the answer is, yes, I loved being in the driver’s seat. I honestly don’t want to act anymore.”
On considering plastic surgery:
“In Hollywood the pressure’s there. You better lift that face and pump those lips and hike those boobs! And I was like, ‘I don’t want to do that. I’m going to get older. I’m going to have wrinkles!’”
On the “wife and arm candy” roles she has been rejecting for 25 years:
“Hollywood is difficult to navigate if you have integrity, so I opted not to work if there wasn’t enough to do in a role, which doesn’t have to do with the role’s size. If there’s nothing for me to do as an actress, that’s frustrating… I’d rather go work at a menial labor job, where I can actually get my hands dirty.”
On auditioning for John Hughes films early in her career:
“It was always down to the wire between me and Molly Ringwald, and Molly always got the part.”
On her first film, cult favorite The Princess Bride, in which she played Princess Buttercup:
“It was my first film experience, and so you might say that I fully immersed myself in the role. I did not act. It was mostly telling myself, ‘Don’t be an idiot in front of Mandy Patinkin and Christopher Guest.’ And Cary [Elwes] was so good looking. I was convinced we were going to be married.

 



  
  


/celebrity-gossip.net/

Comments

Popular Posts