Lana Del Rey: “I Just Feel Really Sick A Lot Of The Time”

Her music tends to be dark and dreary and it sounds like Lana Del Rey's songs are a mirror image of her actual life.
In the new issue of Fader magazine, the “Cola” songstress gets real about the hardships she’s dealt with and some ongoing drama with her family.
Lana begins by explaining her high-profile meltdown while performing in Dublin in May 2013. "I’d been sick on tour for about two years with this medical anomaly that doctors couldn’t figure out. That’s a big part of my life: I just feel really sick a lot of the time and can’t figure out why."
"I’d gotten these shots in Russia, where we’d just been. It was just heavy. It’s just heavy performing for people who really care about you, and you don’t really care that much about yourself sometimes. I thought it was sad. I thought my position was sad. I thought it was sad to be in Ireland singing for people who really cared when I wasn’t sure if I did."
Meanwhile, Ms. Del Rey still finds it hard to deal with criticism- "When I feel like people don't like [my] music and that the 10 years I spent making what I made was not for a good reason, that makes me want to drink again.”
As for her life at home, Lana laments, "I’m never the star of my own show. I have a very complicated family life. I have a complicated personal life. It’s not just my life, it’s everyone else’s in this extended family unit. It’s always about someone else, even with the people I work with. I’m the quietest person on the set, generally. I’m actually the one that’s trying to keep it all together. It’s pretty weird. It’s a weird, weird world."

 
 
  

/celebrity-gossip.net/

 

Comments

Popular Posts