Tim McGraw in Men's Health July 2014: “I Drank Too Much. I Partied Too Much” 

As one of the biggest names in country music, Tim McGraw knows a thing or two about hard work and dedication.
And when the “Two Lanes of Freedom” singer was confronted by his wife Faith Hill regarding his wild ways he knew it was time to get moving on getting healthy.
McGraw told Men's Health magazine, "When your wife tells you it's gone too far, that's a big wake-up call. That, and realizing you're gonna lose everything you have. Not monetarily, not career-wise, but family-wise."
"It got to the point where my kids were getting older, and it was way past the point that they noticed it. And I noticed that they noticed. That's enough to straighten you out.”
Tim also confessed, "I drank too much. I partied too much. And did other things too much. Chemically. No needles or that kind of stuff, but … use your imagination."
Furthermore, Mr. McGraw saw the way the late Keith Whitley blew up his life and determined not to make those same mistakes himself.
"Keith Whitley taught me how demons can overtake you if you let 'em. And I was headed down that path. You feel like you're supposed to be 'on' all the time. Then you drink and get onstage, and all of a sudden you feel confident and powerful. It becomes a habit. Up until seven years ago, there were not a lot of shows that I didn't have something in my system."


 


/ celebrity-gossip.net/

Comments

Popular Posts