Kesha Pens Essay on Rehab Stint: "I Was Hateful to Myself" 

Ready to move on and continue to lead a better life, Kesha wrote about her experience in rehab for the July 2014 issue of Elle UK.
In her poignant essay, the 27-year-old singer opened up about her two-month stint in the facility and the pressures female pop stars receive in the music industry.
“The music industry has set unrealistic expectations for what a body is supposed to look like, and I started becoming overly critical of my own body because of that. I felt like people were always lurking, trying to take pictures of me with the intention of putting them up online or printing them in magazines and making me look terrible,”Kesha writes.
She continues, “I felt like a liar, telling people to love themselves as they are, while I was being hateful to myself and really hurting my body. I wanted to control things that weren’t in my power, but I was controlling the wrong things. I convinced myself that being sick, being skinny was part of my job. It felt safer somehow.”

/celebrity-gossip.net/

Comments

Popular Posts