Cook Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 15 min
( Serves 12 )
3 cup thawed shredded hash brown potatoes
3 cup shredded carrots
12 whole large eggs
salt and pepper (to taste)
chopped herbs (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grab a 12-count muffin tray and use butter or cooking spray to generous grease each cup.
- Mix potatoes and carrots together in a medium bowl.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the potato-carrot mixture into each greased muffin cup. (Exact amount will vary based on grating size and tin size.) Press mixture into bottom and up sides of muffin cup, pushing mixture just above and around the rim.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove muffin tray from oven and crack an egg into each basket. Bake for another 10 minutes, or more or less depending on how you like the eggs cooked. (Note that the eggs can’t be runny, or they won’t hold shape.)
- Use a knife to carefully loosen the edges of each egg basket so they are easier to remove from the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle each basket with salt and garnish with chopped herbs – parsley, chives or basil are all be delicious. Serve immediately.
Note: If you end up having some potato-carrot mixture leftover, use them to make hash browns in a skillet.