#ElizabethBanks Talks Tinseltown Ageism In Glamour July 2016 Cover Story

Her career is the definition of longevity, and yet Elizabeth Banks is keenly aware of the unfair age standards in Hollywood.

The “Hunger Games” gal, who fronts the July 2016 issue of Glamour UK magazine, discussed her experience of trying out for different roles and getting shot down- “I screen-tested for the role of Mary Jane Watson in the first Spider-Man movie, opposite Tobey Maguire. Tobey and I are basically the same age - and I was told I was too old to play her.”

Banks added, “I was like, 'Oh, OK, that's what I've signed up for.’ What I'm grateful for now is longevity. I was never a flavor of the month. I feel very comfortable that I will be working in this industry for a while. The best advice I ever got was you don’t get what you don’t ask for.”









http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/

Comments

Popular Posts